Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Little Luxuries...Voluspa Candles

Words cannot express how much I love Voluspa Candles. If you told me a year ago that I would be waxing poetic about a candle (pun intended) I would have told you that you were crazy.

I was first drawn to how beautifully packaged they were, they are accessories in their own right. Then comes the smell...oh the smell. I have never used a candle that dispersed scent so well throughout the house, all without ever seeming overpowering. All their scents are complex ,sophisticated, and inviting.

My current favorite is the 2 wick metallo in Lichen & Vetiver. Its beautiful on my coffee table and ,when lit, the scent from just one candle wafts from my main floor all the way up my staircase to the second floor.  I have yet to have a visitor that has not commented, more than once, on how amazing it smells. I actually have to stop myself from opening it up and smelling it every time I walk by.

With scents such as  Apricot & Aiprilla, Laguna, Pomegranate Patchouli, French cade & Lavender, and Santiago Huckleberry, its very hard to choose just one favorite.


1. White Currant Quince porcelin2.  Makassar Ebony & Peach 3 wick in decorative tin 3. Gardenia Colonia two wick Metallo 4. Warm Perique Tabac Classic Maison Candle 5. Japonica travel set


3 comments:

  1. I love all things Voluspa. Like you, they have me at packaging.

    My favorite fragrance is the Makassar Ebony & Peach you have above. The fragrance is amazing and I love the sexy black wax.

    Have you tried layering your White Currant Quince above with Voluspa Figue de Bordeaux? http://www.candlesoffmain.com/voluspa-maison-rouge-figue-de-bordeaux-candle-12oz.aspx The fresh quince and earthy fig at the same time is heaven.

    I went on overload with Warm Perique Tabac. I even put the petite diffuser (http://www.candlesoffmain.com/voluspa-maison-rouge-warm-perique-tabac-petite-diffuser.aspx) in our bedroom. It's such an evocative fragrance.

    I haven't tried Lichen & Vetiver yet. It smells so great in the container, I'm sure it's super fresh when burning.

    Thanks for sharing your Voluspa love! You're not alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can you buy them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, Great idea I will have to try that pairing.

    Blake, I know you can buy them at Indigo/Chapters in Canada, and at http://www.candledelirium.com/Voluspa-Candles if you don't have a location nearby.

    Thanks :)
    Heather @ House of Movi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...