Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Little Luxuries...Voluspa Candles

Words cannot express how much I love Voluspa Candles. If you told me a year ago that I would be waxing poetic about a candle (pun intended) I would have told you that you were crazy.

I was first drawn to how beautifully packaged they were, they are accessories in their own right. Then comes the smell...oh the smell. I have never used a candle that dispersed scent so well throughout the house, all without ever seeming overpowering. All their scents are complex ,sophisticated, and inviting.

My current favorite is the 2 wick metallo in Lichen & Vetiver. Its beautiful on my coffee table and ,when lit, the scent from just one candle wafts from my main floor all the way up my staircase to the second floor.  I have yet to have a visitor that has not commented, more than once, on how amazing it smells. I actually have to stop myself from opening it up and smelling it every time I walk by.

With scents such as  Apricot & Aiprilla, Laguna, Pomegranate Patchouli, French cade & Lavender, and Santiago Huckleberry, its very hard to choose just one favorite.

1. White Currant Quince porcelin2.  Makassar Ebony & Peach 3 wick in decorative tin 3. Gardenia Colonia two wick Metallo 4. Warm Perique Tabac Classic Maison Candle 5. Japonica travel set


  1. I love all things Voluspa. Like you, they have me at packaging.

    My favorite fragrance is the Makassar Ebony & Peach you have above. The fragrance is amazing and I love the sexy black wax.

    Have you tried layering your White Currant Quince above with Voluspa Figue de Bordeaux? The fresh quince and earthy fig at the same time is heaven.

    I went on overload with Warm Perique Tabac. I even put the petite diffuser ( in our bedroom. It's such an evocative fragrance.

    I haven't tried Lichen & Vetiver yet. It smells so great in the container, I'm sure it's super fresh when burning.

    Thanks for sharing your Voluspa love! You're not alone:)

  2. Where can you buy them?

  3. Susan, Great idea I will have to try that pairing.

    Blake, I know you can buy them at Indigo/Chapters in Canada, and at if you don't have a location nearby.

    Thanks :)
    Heather @ House of Movi


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...