Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My DIY Console Table

There are many design blogs that I love to check out everyday. One I particularly like is Johns Journal. Maria's console table DIY on Design*Sponge inspired me to follow suit when I couldn't find a table for our entry way that was just right.

All it took was some hardwood from Home Depot, some faux leather Contac Paper, and some nail heads.

Voila! All for under $30

My Version

House of Movi

Maria's Version

Johns Journal

Check out Maria's blog here and tutorial here.

8 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the contact paper? Any tips for keeping it bubble free? Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I got the Contac paper at Home Depot, unfortunately they don't have a huge selection, but the faux leather one worked perfect for this project. I would also think a textured wall paper, like sea grass, would work well for this project, or a fabric with spray adhesive? As for the bubbles, I just made sure to work in small sections, and used a book edge to smooth it out. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautiful and glam console table! Love it! I stumbled upon your lovely blog through John's Journal's blog. I will be following your blog from now onwards and link you. Hope you don't mind.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Jessie from www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comments Jessie! I checked out www.mixandchic.com, LOVE it! I'll definitely be following
    Best,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found our blog through John's Journal. Love what you did with the console table!!! I was wondering what dimension wood you used and if you doubled it up to make it thicker?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...